First Presbyterian Church has a long and distinguished history in Cedartown. The church dates its origins back to 1853, but its present organization dates from 1873.
The Original Sanctuary was located in downtown Cedartown at the intersection of Philpot and Herbert Streets. Weaknesses in that structure forced the congregation to consider relocating, which they did in 1964.
We moved to our present location on West John Hand Road at a time when the paved roads in Cedartown went only as far north as Peek Forest Park. At the time, the church’s new location was considered to be on the very edge of town. If only those pioneers had known what God had in store for us. In 1976, an addition comprised of a Fellowship Hall, Library and classrooms was added to the church.